Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snail Mail Vs. Email


I prefer snail mail. The only reason: email is too fast. Things don't happen in my life as fast as I can shoot an email. Yeah yeah, sending a letter in the mail is more sentimental and such, but to me the deal here is that emails come way too fast. You can argue against me by saying that postage mail takes too long, and sometimes news gets around faster then your letter does, and much more. I guess if its urgent, shoot an email. If it isn't, take the vintage route.
I started to think about this while emailing some of the friends I made in China this summer. They obviously live too far for me to send letters too, it would take months to get there and would probably get lost in the mail. It is due to their quick emailing that results in me writing this post. Yesterday, I sat down and typed out an email updating my friend about my life, I received a response today. Don't get me wrong, I rather them respond quickly then waiting it out and forgetting to respond. It's the third, fourth, and so on, back and forth responding emails that get me feeling a little awkward. Is it just me, the queen of awkward? The responses get too quick and there are less and less things to talk about and finally, one person ends it with no response. Thank God though right? But it is awkward. Same goes for Facebook.
This post may not make sense to you at all or on the opposite end, will keep your head nodding in agreement.
Conclusively, I like snail mail.

p.s. I do not like the photo on this post. It was a quick and ugly one.

No comments :

Post a Comment