Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fashion for a Cause

(screen shot of the feed website)

FEED is a project started by a model/activist Lauren Bush. It is a project where they sell bags, t-shirts, accessories, and other awesome products. The proceeds benefit to feed a person in Africa, India, Guatemala, the U.S.A. and places all over the world. They are known for their reversible FEED 1 burlap bag, which is $80, and provides school meals to a child for a year. There are many other items that range in price and set out to feed! I was going through Cosmopolitan magazine and fell upon a FEED ad and saw two small African girls, smiling, holding FEED bags, and that's how I got to the website. I remember going onto the FEED website several years back when it just started, and being really interested in the back story of how it happened.

I love groups who set out to help those in need through fashion, it has always intrigued me. Fashion and helping people are two of my greatest interests. FEED isn't the only group doing this, Toms(RED)Aldo.

It's one of my dreams to start a foundation like these and hopefully one day I'll be able to do it. I get scared though because it's all been done, bags, necklaces, bracelets, clothing, etc. etc. But whatever, maybe an awesome idea will pop up into my head someday.

A brilliant idea that God will bestow upon me, hopefully. haha :)

No comments :

Post a Comment